Approximately 20 people from 14 state DOTs came to Chicago, the Windy City, despite the cold, rain and sleet, for the 2018 Council on Public Transportation and MTAP Winter Meeting held November 7-9, making it another huge success with members and attendees. The annual winter meeting’s agenda included topics/issues affecting the daily lives of transit directors, managers and staff in the transit offices of state DOTs.
Thanks to all attendees and speakers for participating in this year’s meeting. And a special “thank you” to the Illinois Department of Transportation for hosting and securing an excellent meeting space at the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP). Check out the final meeting agenda.
Here are the presentation materials from the Winter Meeting:
- Session #1 – Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Oversight and State Management Reviews
- Session #2 – Encouraging Better Coordination on Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT)—A Debrief from TCRP B-44 Research Panel on Report 202
- Session #3 – FTA State Programs Update and Discussion
- Session #4 – Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan (PTASP) Workshop
- Session #5 – Rural Transit/Shared-Use Mobility
- Session #6 – Roundtable Discussion—Transit Asset Management
- Session #7 – Preparing for Drug and Alcohol Audits
- Session #8 – Enabling Mobility Opportunities through Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Technology
- Day 2 Guest Speaker – NCHRP Research on Transit
AASHTO, the Council on Public Transportation, and the Multi-State Transit Technical Assistance Program thank the following Sponsors for the generous support: