MTAP Technical Initiatives Forum
The MTAP Steering Committee has a Technical Initiatives Working Group and its purpose is to establish a list of educational and programming issues/topics for members. MTAP members vote on the priorities for the entire year. MTAP will highlight these issues/topics during discussions on the monthly steering committee conference call and for quarterly webinars.
The MTAP Technical Initiatives Forum is the official brand of these sessions and the list of issues/topics changes can change every year. On this webpage, MTAP will post the information (agendas, webinar recordings, and other presentation materials) from the Technical Initiative Forum for future use by members and others. MTAP also hosts the 5310/5311 Program Managers Forum and on this website visitors can find an archive of those online forums. However, please note that MTAP Technical Initiatives related to Transit Asset Management and Safety will be posted on their respective pages on the MTAP website.
Feel free to contact Richard Price or by phone at (202) 624-5813 with any questions about the information and materials on this web page.
April 15, 2021
Forum on States Coordinating Transit Access for COVID-19 Vaccinations, co-hosted by the Council on Public Transportation & MTAP
- Forum Recording
- Henrika Buchanan, Associate Administrator for Transit Safety and Oversight and Chief Safety Officer, FTA
- Joachim Bean, Ohio Department of Transportation – Gohio Commute
- Lisa Raduenz, Minnesota Department of Transportation, and Emily Smoak, Minnesota Department of Health – COVID-19 Community Mobile Vaccination Bus Project in Minnesota
March 18, 2021
Successful Strategies for Multimodal-Transit Inclusion in Statewide Transportation Planning
- Forum Recording
July 29, 2020
Creating a State Procurement Portal within National RTAP’s ProcurementPRO Application
- Presentation from Michael LaBello, Main Street Connections
- Webinar Recording (with demonstration from Justin Heavenridge, DevObal Technologies)
May 13, 2020
Vehicle Specifications Webinar – Co-hosted by MTAP and National RTAP
March 27, 2020
Council on Public Transportation & MTAP Webinar on COVID-19 Emergency Relief Legislation & Future Economic Stimulus Package
- Webinar Agenda
- Webinar Recording (on Members only website, under COVID-19 Crisis folder)
- Text of H.R. 748: Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
- AASHTO Legislative Alert – Senate Passes $2T COVID-19 Emergency Legislation
- Related Research – TRB Special Report 312: Transportation Investments in Response to Economic Downturns
February 7, 2020
Joint MTAP-CTAA Webinar – How National Urbanization Trends Will Affect Rural Transit Funding and “Trending Urban” Transit Systems in Georgia and the Nation after the 2020 Census
- Webinar Overview
- Webinar Recording
- Powerpoint Presentation (presentation slides only)
- Poll Questions
1. Did you know your rural funding includes both 5311 and 5340 funds?
2. Do you know the amount you receive from the 5340 program?
February 22, 2019
Webinar – Doing A Cooperative Procurement and The Future It Presents